Author Topic: English Luxury  (Read 70 times)

JKenP

• 4 pipes
    • View Profile
English Luxury
« on: October 08, 2017, 06:27:46 PM »
I just ran out and got another 5# bag.  Yes, I do smoke a bit of it.  Stokebye split with his partner and he started Newminster with the old formulas.  So, English Luxus is the same blend.

The previous 5# lasted a number of years.  I'd somehow gotten away from it.  All year, it went back to being my evening smoke.

It an English blend.  It is lighter on the Latikia than their Proper English blend.  But you do get a strong note that it is there when you open the canister.    It is definitely there; just not to the degree in Proper English.   Lots of dark leaf in the mix with some stringy Virginia giving a counterpoint.  It is easy to pack -- will do another post on that.  It is hard to make it burn your tongue.  It is a mellow, pleasant English that doesn't beat your over the head from the smokey side's Lat.

When I opened the fresh 5# and lit up, I found more of the Asiatic leafs out front.  There was a definate spice note that wasn't pronounced in the older stuff.  Maybe its because I was use to the older stuff.  I don't find it in anyway objectionable.  It just a difference.

It is a good one for someone liking a mid-range English and a good starter for someone who want to try them.
Ken

Woodsman

• 4 Gold Pipes
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: English Luxury
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 12:56:01 AM »
I like the Newminster English Luxus a lot. I've Cellared quite a bit for me.