Author Topic: Oh Boy  (Read 289 times)

Woodsman

• 4 Gold Pipes
    • View Profile
    • Email
Oh Boy
« on: June 25, 2017, 03:59:57 AM »
I was driving my Wife's car out into the Greenwood Lake area on a 50 mph country road today. The car ahead of me turned on his right signal and started pulling off the road so I swung out a little to get around. He  swung into a U turn forcing me over to the edge of the other lane into the rocks bouncing me up on 2 wheels, I brought it back down and back over to the right side out of traffic, the clown took off the other way and another car behind me U turned as well.  A Park Ranger came up ad called the local PD which showed up shortly. I was shook up some so I lit up my pipe while trying to explain when a car pulled up behind me and a fellow got out and walked over. He was in that 2nd car that U turned, he chased down the car that caused it all and got their license number, he described the whole incident to the police and in so doing verified what happened. I thanked him and he went on his way. A good person took the time and bother to help a stranger out. I lift my Pipe to him and thank the spirit that is woefully absent in these times.
 Car had to be towed so my son brought me my old Subaru so I could continue my errand and he stayed to handle the details. After that I had to tell my Wife that I bent her car and it wouldn't be available for a while.

Aristokles

• 1 Gold Pipe
    • View Profile
Re: Oh Boy
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2017, 12:33:35 PM »
So very glad you survived this ordeal relatively unscathed and that a good Samaritan was on hand.

JKenP

• 4 pipes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2017, 03:38:45 PM »
Our local news is full of hit and run drivers.  What's the world coming to?  Well, I'm off to yell at kids walking on my lawn.  :)

Glad it was only the car that was dinged!
Ken

Yohanan

• 4 pipes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2017, 04:24:00 PM »
Glad to hear you wasn't injured, sorry about the car.
  Smoke What You Like, and Like What You Smoke...Regardless of What Anyone Else Thinks.

vinnie799

• 4 pipes
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2017, 05:53:13 PM »
Wow that must have been a scary ordeal!
Glad you are ok
vinnie799

mouse

• 4 Gold Pipes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2017, 11:02:58 PM »
Glad you are OK.

Woodsman

• 4 Gold Pipes
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2017, 11:28:21 PM »
Thank you all, A note to you all, we used to have a towing inclusion Through AARP for 50 miles then a charge would kick in per mile. A friend of my Wife told her that our Auto Insurance had roadside assistance with towing already and she dropped the separate one. My Son stayed with the car and on the way back I saw my car was gone so I drove on home. He wasn't there, I called him and he said the tow guy left him at a closed repair facility and drove off. We arranged another tow to bring the car to my mechanic and I picked him up. Moral of the story: On closer reading the towing is only to the nearest repair facility ie? Read fine print. that tow took the car 7 miles further than it was before.

lestrout

• 3 Pipes
  • l
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2017, 02:03:14 AM »
Yo Wood

Here I thought I was going to read a thread about lighters.  I'm sure glad you physically got through that ok, and it was great that a Good Samaritan helped you.  Good hint on fine print re towing charges.

hp
les

Pipe Mama

• 3 Gold Pipes
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2017, 01:59:54 PM »
Frank, so glad you are ok and that a good samaritan was around to help you with the police.  I can't imagine someone just driving off like that, after seeing your car was damaged and you might have been injured.

Woodsman

• 4 Gold Pipes
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2017, 01:01:50 AM »
Driving off from an accident seems to be very much on the rise here, there's a Hit & Run on the news nearly every night, 3 or 4 on the weekend.