Author Topic: CAO Colombia Rubusto  (Read 797 times)

Pipe Mama

CAO Colombia Rubusto
« on: August 21, 2015, 01:29:37 PM »
Most know I'm a CAO fan, and this was my first time smoking the Colombia.  It held true to the description given by the company.   A nice start with an even burn from start to finish.   Don't let the natural wrapper fool you, this cigar packs plenty of flavor.

Description:

This CAO World selection shines through its unorthodox use of Colombian tobacco, smoking mild-medium in body and medium-full in flavor. A dash of saltiness, among other delectable nuances too rarely found in cigars, is on display by virtue of its multi-nation blend; adding the light Honduran wrapper is like adding the butter atop the toast. Buy your box and unlock the treasures within CAO Colombia!

FULL SPECIFICATIONS
Strength:Medium
Shape:Robusto
Size:5 x 50
Wrapper Color:Natural
Wrapper Origin:Honduran
Wrapper Leaf:Jamastran

The following users thanked this post: mouse

Woodsman

• 4 Gold Pipes
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: CAO Colombia Rubusto
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2015, 02:15:59 AM »
I'm wondering if the start of trade with Cuba, will their cigars be as preferred with all of the cigar manufacturers that are  legal here putting out high quality products.

mouse

• 4 Gold Pipes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 02:51:41 AM »
Thanks for the review. I'll add it to my wish list.

edit: couldn't wait, ordered some when I saw it has a Cameroon wrapper
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 03:09:01 AM by mouse »

mouse

• 4 Gold Pipes
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2015, 10:34:54 PM »
CAO Columbia arrived today, your review @Pipe Mama, is spot on. Lots of smoke, slightly uneven but self-correcting burn, mild-medium strength with lots of flavor I'm guessing in part due to the Cameroon binder. I get a honey and hay taste with building spice. Nice smoke. Thanks again for the review, glad i bought a box.

Pipe Mama

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 05:39:35 PM »
The one thing I know for sure, I'm not interesting in buying Cuban Cigars.  I have too many wonderful smokes already in my humidor, and ones that I will replenish as needed.  That's just me, as the seed and growing technique is there for many other fine cigars.