Author Topic: Mclelland Dominican Glory  (Read 522 times)

strongirish

• It's all my fault!
  • Adm and Senior Moderator
  • 5 Gold Pipes
  • Got a lite?
    • View Profile
    • Email
Mclelland Dominican Glory
« on: January 05, 2014, 05:52:53 AM »
As reviewed on tobaccoreviews.com;

I am wrestling with this one. I am finding it hard to review a pipe tobacco that smells like a cigar, tastes like a cigar, has the room note of a cigar, yet smokes in a pipe. And all of the above not a very good cigar.

It is an all brown rough cut tobacco, it is rather mild and non biting, but if I am going to smoke a cigar, I think I will smoke a cigar and a good one. If you favor low end cigars one might like this one. It has a cigar flavor as one might expect, it packs easy and burns easy in the pipe, it burns into cigar colored grey ash all the way down and rather dry so it has that going for it, I just did not really enjoy this blend in my pipe. I have had some good blends with cigar leaf in them and I did enjoy them, but I still felt that I was smoking a pipe, the cigar leaf added character and flavor to the blend. This just tastes like a low end cigar and leaves the room smelling like a cheap cigar. Thus I cannot rate this high either as a pipe blend or even as a decent cigar.

Pipe Used: Briar, cob, meer

Age When Smoked: current to five years old

Purchased From: etailer

Similar Blends: Dutch Masters cigars.

Woodsman

• 5 Gold Pipes
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Mclelland Dominican Glory
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2014, 06:24:20 AM »
The old fellas in Brooklyn at the Bocci Court used to smoke the God Awfullest Cigars called  Parodi's, they were just the worst smelling things ever encountered. When they burnt down to stubs they stuck the wet, chewed butts into small pipes so nothing was wasted. was this as bad?

strongirish

• It's all my fault!
  • Adm and Senior Moderator
  • 5 Gold Pipes
  • Got a lite?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 07:19:12 AM »
Don't know never tried that.  I have tried Parodi cigars and they were pretty bad.

4noggins.com_Mike

• 3 Pipes
  • Lake Tahoe Garage 1920s
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2014, 11:02:51 AM »
As the man with no name Clint Eastwood popularized Parodis. No name liked them pretty well.