Author Topic: fresh Frog on the Town vs. Aged ????  (Read 1029 times)

majestic hillbilly

• 1 Pipe
  • LIVE FOR THE DAY,TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME
    • View Profile
    • KITE BOOKS
fresh Frog on the Town vs. Aged ????
« on: December 21, 2010, 03:49:42 PM »
Strange but i like the Fog on the Town fresh,better than a tin i opened that is a little over 2 years old? the aged tin seemed a little too subtle. with the fresh,the individual components seemed to stand out more,that made for a more enjoyable smoke for me.i know some or most would not agree,but this is just my opinion?
And when I must leave the great river,
O'bury me close to it's wave
And let my canoe and paddle,
Be the only mark over my grave

krawdad13

• 2 Gold Pipes
  • Call me Kurt, You can call the dog Hanna
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: fresh Frog on the Town vs. Aged ????
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 05:30:47 PM »
You are definitely entitled to your opinion. Smoke it the way you like it.
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the Government take care of him, better take a look at the American Indian"-Henry Ford

Marcus Cicero was correct when he said; "Extremism in the defense of Liberty is no vice and moderation in defense of Liberty is no virtue."

Politicians are the easiest to operate on.
> There's no guts, no heart, no balls, no brains and no spine, and the
> head and the ass are interchangeable. "

Smoker99

• 4 Gold Pipes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 06:27:40 PM »
I don't find that strange at all. I prefer most tobaccos fresh, while they still have an edge on them. In particular FMOT is a very light English/Aro crossover, and would probably go downhill fast with age.
ATF, Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms. Should be the name of a convenience store chain, not a govt agency.

ozarkhillbilly

• 1 Gold Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 09:27:22 PM »
I also find that most English/Balkan blends seem to tone down a bit after some cellar time. I smoke most of them fresh and age my va and vapers.

tdcanam

• 2 Pipes
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2012, 07:31:04 AM »
So far, of the handfull of tobaccos I've tried, Frog morton is my favorite. I've tried "On the Pond", "On the Bayou" and "Frog Morton". All three seem to be an exceptionally cool, light & mellow smoke, although, "On the Bayou", out of the tin, I found smokes a little wet and needs relighting a couple times per bowl. But for a fesh tobacco, I have yet to find an easier smoke. It is hard to concieve that it could get that much better with age, since the slight sharpness that the Latakia (F.M.) or Periek (O.t.B.) lends to each blend tends to make said blends (in my opinion), and would only mellow with age, leaving you with a mellow smoke with mellow notes, aka, flat smoke.
Might wanna get that checked out ....

B4man

• 5 Gold Pipes
  • B
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2012, 08:40:04 AM »
I also find that most English/Balkan blends seem to tone down a bit after some cellar time. I smoke most of them fresh and age my va and vapers.

That seems to be the general consensus.

I agree with Dustin and most the others in that regard. The English/Balkan Lat and Orientals tend to be muted, or go flat, with more age. The Vas and VaPers, on the other hand, are like fine wine with age, man!