Author Topic: Frog Morton  (Read 1612 times)

Blackadder

Frog Morton
« on: June 12, 2009, 05:32:42 PM »
There are very few times that my head is turned by American blenders but this is one of them, Frgo Morton is a basic in your face medium English. The tin aroma is of Lat and fermented Va, a lot of people call it the McClelland ketchup smell but I dont have a clue where that comes from does not smell like any ketchup I have ever had. It packs nicely and lights easily. Taste is of Lal and Va very smooth and cool, I have never had a moisture problem with this blend I find it right out of the tin to be excellent. It burns down to a nice fine salt and pepper ash, Usally in a group 4-5 for me, I have had several pipefuls of this blend that were one match only bowls. Only thing I have found that might be a turn off to some is the sweetness of the blend it is fairly sweet to me, and usally Englishs are not meant to be sweet, I feel this is an added topping rather then natural sweetness. But all in all a very nice all day blend.

The tin art is very nice too, true with all the Craftsbury Series, with name's pertaining to places in Tolkien's LOTR novels.

I give it 4 out of 5
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 05:36:16 PM by Blackadder »

HiloJohnny

• 1 Gold Pipe
  • Wherever you go....There you are!
    • View Profile
Re: Frog Morton
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 08:25:32 PM »
Thanks, Matt, for your nice review.  The closest I've gotten to the Frog Mortons so far is McClelland's 5110....which, I believe, is supposed to be the bulk equivalent of Frog Morton on the Town.  I do enjoy 5110 as an end-of-the-day treat...... ;D
Live Aloha

fatdog

• 4 pipes
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 03:38:46 PM »
I try to have a tin f all the frogs in my cellar for whe the mood strikes me. I like the on the town style more then the rest but they are all pretty good smokes.
Peace
Marc
Do or Do not. There is no try.

thorpepipes

• 2 Pipes
    • View Profile
    • thorpepipes.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2009, 01:14:17 PM »
its nice, but is a little too sweet sometimes. i am sweet enough!     puffy

RickPiatt

• 1 Gold Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2009, 04:05:12 PM »

with name's pertaining to places in Tolkien's LOTR novels.

I'm confused ... did you ever find the term "Frog Morton" in LOTR?  Where?  Whats the connection??  Or am I just more confused than normal???

Frank

• 3 Pipes
  • F
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 12:31:04 AM »
Frog Morton was a village in the Eastern Shire.
Frank

Woodsman

• 5 Gold Pipes
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2013, 06:23:03 PM »
Just had my 1st Frog Morton smoke and really like it,  I'll be getting more.

MamaBear

• 3 Pipes
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2013, 08:18:15 PM »
It does seem as though everyone mentions "that McCl flavor," and I also have never got it!

I smoke eight blends, currently as I definitely won't stop there, but have yet to have FM!  My first was "Lady FMOTT," as I like to call it, followed by "Lord FM Cellar," her perfect companion!  I love spending the evening with "Lord & Lady Cellar," starting with FMOTT and then moving to the complemenary but heartier FM Cellar late in the evening. 

I will be adding FM next, and then the rest of the FM line.   

Thanks, Matt, for your nice review.  The closest I've gotten to the Frog Mortons so far is McClelland's 5110....which, I believe, is supposed to be the bulk equivalent of Frog Morton on the Town.  I do enjoy 5110 as an end-of-the-day treat...... ;D
AWESOME, thank you! :D. My only complaint is that they aren't bulk!
I think I am a piper now...  http://www.tobaccocellar.com/TTecheTTe

Woodsman

• 5 Gold Pipes
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2013, 04:54:32 AM »
McClellands 5110 Dark English is a close match toFM.