Author Topic: Request from Moderators  (Read 5832 times)

strongirish

• It's all my fault!
  • Adm and Senior Moderator
  • 5 Gold Pipes
  • Got a lite?
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Request from Moderators
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2010, 12:22:57 AM »
TOMMY!  Twice in one month we agree!  :o

I agree with Tommy, I think participation would go down if it is not on the front page.  Even large forums like SF now rarely haver anybody chatting.  If you click the + sign, it will reduce it on your page.  While not stating it flat out, the comment that was offending involved a broomstick.  That comment would be offensive on most any forum that is public.  Noone is asking anybody to be angels, just not to cross the line of good taste.  I don't see anything that does this very often and truth be told, I belong to a lot of forums and this is the best behaved group of all.  While some control to the extreme, they don't let their members be themselves and we want to do that.  We have the best members on the net in my opinion, and I for one am proud of that.  We wish that to continue.  I nor Brook nor Matt want to be forum policemen so you don't have to look over your shoulders.  Only when someone complains and we agree it is crossing a line will we even get involved. Thanks to everyone for making this forum what it is.

petersonsmoker

• 5 Pipes
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2010, 12:29:19 AM »
Thanks Irish.

Pipes and Bikes

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2010, 02:13:21 AM »
  I  hear ya but as long as that shout box has been up, how many have actually participated. Very few. Why not put a big banner, WE HAVE A CHAT ROOM with a link that shows who is in the room. If those who are interested see there are members there they can join in without reading. That would do just as good. Sorry but this is the ONLY pipe site I participate in and appreciate keeping my 2 cents in it, as mentioned I am thankful I can do so.
   Ok now back to my Fuente Hemingway Classic... mmmmmmmmmm good.

petersonsmoker

• 5 Pipes
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2010, 02:19:44 AM »
  I  hear ya but as long as that shout box has been up, how many have actually participated. Very few. Why not put a big banner, WE HAVE A CHAT ROOM with a link that shows who is in the room. If those who are interested see there are members there they can join in without reading. That would do just as good. Sorry but this is the ONLY pipe site I participate in and appreciate keeping my 2 cents in it, as mentioned I am thankful I can do so.

Those Hemingway classics are amazing. Good for you!

Tim

dukeofbluz

• 2 Gold Pipes
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2010, 02:35:13 AM »

you agreed with me about something? ;D
If you would like to view my pipes please check out my picture trail:http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/listing/user/dukeofbluz

TommyTree

• Rationer of the Longbottom Leaf
  • 5 Gold Pipes
  • It's all Earl's Fault!
    • View Profile
    • Ponderings from Piper's Paradise
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2010, 02:42:09 AM »
Duke is big on banners.
"Mustard does not have a moral!" — Katie Lee

Pipe Mama

• 3 Gold Pipes
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2010, 04:58:17 AM »
Earl, I like the shout box, and it was Duke who helped me to find the Chat box.  The Shout Box on the home page is a great idea, as others have said, and I'm glad it's staying.  The private chats should help anyone who wishes to talk in more detail, about any of the forums.  Thank you for watching out for all of us here on PC, it is what makes this forum such a great place to be  :)

strongirish

• It's all my fault!
  • 5 Gold Pipes
  • Got a lite?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2010, 05:03:50 AM »
if you click on chat, it does tell you who is on the chat. 

Always put your 2 cents worth in, everybody has a say in this forum.  About 10 percent participate in the chats, which is above average actually.  I am not one that frequents chats.  But when I log on and my eye is drawn to the shout box.  When a conversation that interestesd me is going on, i will jump on anyway, I did last night.  We can move it if that is what the census is, but a lot of chats die that way.  There is an SF thread right now about how that happened over there.  All the thousands of members and most of the time there are not chatters anymore. 

dukeofbluz

• 2 Gold Pipes
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2010, 05:44:30 AM »
Another thing, if you are on the main page and you scroll all the way down to the bottom, it tells you who all is online and whose in the chat room.
That way if Tommys in there I know to stay out LOL
Jeffrey
If you would like to view my pipes please check out my picture trail:http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/listing/user/dukeofbluz

Pipes and Bikes

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2010, 06:10:41 AM »
 I demand a group hug  ;D

Johnny

• 1 Gold Pipe
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2010, 01:41:59 AM »
We really do have a great time in the chat room guys.  I invite anyone to join up with us few hardcore chat guys.  We usually get started late but it is really fun!!!

fhb2532

• 4 Gold Pipes
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2010, 11:20:29 PM »
As most of u know I'm new to this forum but here'''''s my 2cents anyway
Until yester day I didn't know what yheshout box was.  Maybe rename it "Window to chat"
Frank   8)

strongirish

• It's all my fault!
  • 5 Gold Pipes
  • Got a lite?
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2010, 08:40:22 AM »
The chat room is always on the home page, the shout box is for quick comments and is also a place for moderators to make announcments.  I will look into maybe changing it up a little to make it easier. 

Pipeye

• 1 Pipe
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2014, 07:06:04 PM »
When can I put up a avatar for my posts.
pipeye :)

Pipe Mama

• 3 Gold Pipes
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2014, 07:17:11 PM »
Pipeye, go to your Profile from the tab above.  Then Forum Profile Information.  You will see the area for uploading a picture.  Needs to be a small picture to upload to the forum.

Let me know if you need any help.